December 10, 2010

Moving On This Sunday

We have organised then next step of our trip. We, well I really, have taken it very easy since we got to Kerala. I've lain around in the sun, had beer and read maybe 7 books, including an intriguing biography of Eleanor of Aquitaine. I have been, without doubt, very lazy.

Nevertheless, my spirit seems to have approved of the rest as I am in good humour and broadly speaking at one with the world.

We move on from here on Sunday and have hired a car and a driveR for 10 days to drive us from here to Goa via Tamil Nadu, stopping off to sightsee and be the typical tourists on the way. In my current amenable state I am looking forward very much to this and I know that Kathy, who has a great interest in history and architecture and other things of that nature, is too. I am hopeful that the weather will improve (dry at least would be good)  and help make the whole trip enjoyable.

If I can find a way to plot it on a map and load it into the blog (Into? Onto? Who knows?) then I shall. Otherwise the route is Kovallam - Alleppey - Madurai - Pondicherry - Mamallapuram - Kancheepuram - Mysore - Wyanad - Bekal Fort - Goa. 11 nights and 2500 miles in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment